Thursday, March 29, 2007

Meet Jennifer Baron

1. Name/Location/Company or craft represented at the Congress: Jennifer Baron, Fresh Popcorn Productions, www.freshpopcorn.etsy.com.
2. How long have you been crafting?: Was born into the crafting life making collages and books as a child and watching my mom sew everything from curtains to bathing suits for our family. I co-hatched The Polka-Dot Life online craft collective when I lived in Brooklyn in 2000.
3. How did you hear about Craft Congress?: I am one of the organizers of Pittsburgh's Handmade Arcade. We are thrilled to host this first-ever Craft Congress, in the city where creative forces such as Mary Cassatt, Gertrude Stein, Rachel Carson, Nellie Bly, Norma-Jean Wofford (aka "The Duchess," Bo Diddley's 60s-era guitar player) hail from!
4. What are you hoping you'll take away after the sessions?: I hope to take away personal and professional camaraderie, inspiration and connectivity, as well as many unexpected possibilities for the craft movement.
5. Have you been to Pittsburgh before? How are you getting to Pennsylvania?: After living in New York City for 10 years, I relocated - boxes of Pyrex cookware, records, paper products and all - to my hometown of Pittsburgh.
6. What songs are you planning on listening to during the trip?: As always, I'll be singing along to Lee Hazlewood, John Phillips, Gene Clark, The Small Faces, The Zombies, Jackie DeShannon...

No comments: